Monday, October 31, 2005

I dont know exactly when in time,
Your face, your smile was fixed in my mind,
Slipping in and out unconsciously, unexpectedly,
One thing that I know is true, so true
The nicer you were, the deeper I feel for you.
You probably would be surprised, though
Because nothing I did can tell or show,
And my hostility clouded everything,
And deceived and misled you into thinking,
That I never cared, never appreciated.
I like you and yet, avoid you I did
I like you and yet, I could not show it
I like you and yet, acted as if I was unaffected
I like you and yet, I behaved as if you never existed
I like you and yet, I made out as if you did not matter
I like you and yet, I did not treat you better.
I was waiting for your confession,
You were waiting for my concession,
And we waited and waited in vain,
All because of my pride, my foolishness and my disdain.
I wish that I could tell you,
How sorry I am, through and through
If I have not been such a fool, acted so cool
Things would have turned out differently,
Even if things did not turn out as expected,
At least we have actually attempted.
But now, I am here and you are there
Never knowing that I actually cared,
That I finally realized but realized too late,
What my friend said what she said
When you fail to appreciate someone and they go away,
chances are you will not get them back!!!

No comments: